Honda Marine BF9.9 - 25 in.
Call for Price
Portable, fuel efficient, and powerful.
The BF9.9 offers more of what you want. More battery charging power. Easier to use features. Quieter performance. Dependable performance in a portable package. Better reliability. And with Honda’s exclusive True 5 warranty, the best warranty in the business.
Add in the optional Power Thrust design, and you’ve got an even more powerful and world-known Honda four-stroke motor, with 60% more thrust in reverse and 15% more in forward.
- Reliable, efficient 4-stroke design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Easy One Hand Starting: Working together, a built-in decompression release and digital CDI system set the ignition timing during start-up. This greatly reduces the effort required to pull-start the engine by hand.
- True 5 Warranty: Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the first day as it is on the last.
- Ultra Low 3 Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection System - Fights the elements: A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Available with Power Thrust Design (BFP) - better performance for heavy loads: The combination of the 2.33:1 gear ratio and the 10" x 6 1/2" Power Thrust 4-blade propeller creates 60% more thrust in reverse and 15% more in forward. The result is improved maneuverability and performance.
- Reverse Exhaust Relief - increased manueverability (BFP models): The Power Thrust model's exhaust relief feature creates more power in reverse by minimizing cavitation around the propeller blades. The exhaust relief is located above the cavitation plate, allowing the prop to run in clean, exhaust-free water.
- Longer Tiller Handle - improved control: A convenient longer tiller handle improves control and reduced steering effort. The extended handle is made of a lightweight composite, increasing its durability while decreasing the motor's weight.
- Power Tilt: Conveniently tilts the engine out of the water for easy lift-off and transport.
- PGM Ignition - optimal operation: A reliable microprocessor accurately controls ignition timing during start-up and across the entire RPM range. This provides optimum overall operation.
- Engine Alert System - Keeps you informed: The integrated warning system protects the engine from severe damage due to low oil, over-revving and overheating.
- Best in Class High Output Charging: The BF8 and 9.9 provide 2 Amps at 1000 RPM. Electric start models offer an amazing 12 amps at only 3000 RPM. This helps to maintain the battery charge or keep electronics going - even at trolling speeds.
- Lightweight Rounded Design: Easy to transport, BF8 and 9.9 are perfect for small boats, dinghies or auxiliary. The ergonomic design is rounded to avoid catching fishing line.
- Auto Start Enrichment - easy starts: Auto Start Enrichment acts as an automatic choke. Just like a fuel injection system, it automatically adjusts the air/fuel mixture for quick, easy starting and warm-up.
- Pendulum Mount System - smooth operation: Honda's exclusive triangulated rubber mount system absorbs vibration and provides unbelievably smooth operation.
- EZ Steer Friction Control: A unique lever design allows you to precisely adjust steering tension for improved control and comfort.
- Shallow Water Drive: An innovative shallow water drive feature lets you tilt the motor up, allowing you to easily operate in shallow areas. Shallow water drive greatly reduces the risk of engine damage.
- Up Front Tiller Controls - convenient shifting: The convenient front-mounted shift lever allows fingertip shifting. The Twist Grip Throttle & Tensioner minimize driver fatigue.
- Integrated Carrying Handle - easier transport: A integrated carrying handle makes transporting the engine a breeze. The convenient, foldaway carry handle is situated at the exact top/bottom balance point of the engine. This means the engine carries more easily in a level position.
- Positive Lubrication for better durability: A crankshaft-driven, automotive-style trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components.
- Available in 15, 20, and 25 inch shaft models
- Type: 4-Stroke SOHC 2 Cylinder/4 Valves
- Displacement: 222 cc (13.5 cu.in.)
- Bore & Stroke: 58 mm x 42 mm (2.3 x 1.7 in.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 rpm
- Rated Power: 9.9 hp @ 5,500 rpm
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: 1 Carburetor
- Ignition System: PGM-IG
- Starting System: Electric/Recoil
- Exhaust: Through Hub
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Trim Range: 5 Stage 4 deg.-8 deg.-12 deg.-16 deg.-20 deg.
- Tilt Range: 72 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.33:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator with voltage regulator (Electric Start): 12-Amp (148 watt)
- Alternator with voltage regulator (Manual Start): 6-Amp (76 watt)
- Propeller: 4-Blade Aluminum
- Diameter x Pitch, Standard: 9¼ x 8 in.
- Diameter x Pitch, Power Thrust: 10 x 6.5 in.
- Power Tilt: Available
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Overall Width: 345 mm/13.6 in.
- X Type: 635 mm/25 in.
- X-Type: 48 kg/107 lb.
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke SOHC 2 Cylinder/4 Valves
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.3 x 1.7 in. (58 mm x 42 mm)
- 222 cc (13.5 cu.in.)
- Shaft Length
- 25 in. (635 mm)
- 107 lb. (48 kg)
- Trim Method
- 5 Stage 4 deg.-8 deg.-12 deg.-16 deg.-20 deg.
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 9.9 hp @ 5,500 rpm
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5,000-6,000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.33:1 / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- 1 Carburetor
- Electric Start: 12-Amp (148 watt); Manual Start: 6-Amp (76 watt)
- Water Cooled
- True 5 Warranty