Honda Marine 40 Jet
Call for Price
Honda reliability with the flexibility of a jet drive.
The 40 Jet is perfect for boating in locations where normal prop driven boats can’t operate. Rocky bottom shallows, white river rapids, and even over sandbars – your Honda can take you there. The low-profile foot design allows a boater to maneuver in minimal depths without the fear of getting a propeller caught or damaged on rocky, rough bottoms, shallows, or other underwater obstacles.
Based on the BF60’s proven platform, the 40 Jet takes everything you love about the BF60 and adds the versatility of a Jet. The best maneuverability. Best in class high output charging. And of course, the best time out on the water.
Add in features like BLAST, Programmable Fuel Injection, a high performance heavy-duty gear case, Lean Burn Control, and variable speed trolling, and you’ve got a legendary motor that’s truly best in class.
- The best choice for navigating in shallow waters.: The 40 Jet goes where props can't. Shallow lakes, rocky rivers, rapids, sandbars - our Jet outboards are ready to explore.
- Reliable, efficient 4-stroke design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- BLAST® System - improves acceleration at low speeds: Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST® system, advancing the ignition curve aggressively. "Hole Shot" is vastly improved as more horsepower gets the hull up on plane quicker.
- Lean Burn Control® - Superior fuel efficiency: Lean Burn Control® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 10% less fuel* than others in its class. (*Based on EPA Specific Fuel Consumption Mode.)
- Programmed Fuel Injection - Powerful performance: Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is easy starts and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency.
- Superior Battery Charging - More usable power: There's always plenty of electric power with the 40 Jet. Honda's exclusive neodymium magnet flywheel enables these engines to produce nearly twice as many charging amps as some competitors. The high output helps keep battery banks charged all day, even when running multiple accessories. The 40 Jet develops a total 22 amps and 17 charging amps.
- True 5 Warranty: Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the last day as it is on the first.
- Variable Speed Trolling - available on optional tiller model: For fisherman who want to slow troll, Honda's variable speed control is available on an optional tiller. The system adjusts in 50 RPM increments between 750 RPM and 1000 RPM.
- Engine Alert System - Keeps you informed: The Engine Alert System uses visual, audio and RPM reduction circuits to alert the operator of over-heating, low oil PSI and over-revving. This helps to prevent engine damage.
- Meets NMEA 2000 standards - on-board connectivity: NMEA 2000 protocols allow engine data to be displayed on NMEA 2000 compliant dashboard electronics, like sonar and GPS.
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection System - Fights the elements: The Corrosion Protection System is a patented "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, internally painted cooling passages, and a freshwater flushing device, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Ultra Low 3 Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
- Mikuni® Intake System: The lightweight Mikuni® long tube intake track system helps build low end torque.
- Optional Conveniences - tilt limit switch and rudder angle indicator: An optional tilt limit switch keeps the motor from rubbing against the bottom of a pontoon boat's sun deck. The dash mounted rudder angle indicator keeps the captain informed to which direction the engine is pointing.
- Easy Maintenance: Easy access side-mounted oil filter and oil fillers simplify maintenance, while "screw-type" valve adjusters reduce maintenance costs.
- Non-Linear Mounting System - Smoother operation: Patented non-linear rubber mounts provide smoother operation at all engine speeds.
- Available in a 25 inch shaft
- Type: 4-Stroke SOHC 3 Cylinder/12 Valves
- Displacement: 998 cc (61.0 cu.in.)
- Bore & Stroke: 73 mm x 79.5 mm (2.9 x 3.1 in.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 RPM
- Rated Power: 40 HP @ 5,500 RPM
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: Programmed Fuel Injection
- Ignition System: MicroComputer Programmed
- Starting System: Electric
- Exhaust: Through Hub
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Trim Range: -4 deg. to +16 deg.
- Tilt Range: 60 deg.
- Gear Ratio: Direct Drive
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator (Electric Start): 22-Amp
- Battery Charging Power: 17 Amp
- Propeller: NA - No prop
- Power Tilt: NA
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Gas Assisted Tilt: NA
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Speedometer Pickup: Standard
- Overall Width: 417 mm/16.4 in.
- L Type: 648 mm/25 inches
- L-Type: 122 kg/268 lbs.
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke SOHC 3 Cylinder/12 Valves
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.9 x 3.1 in. (73 mm x 79.5 mm)
- 998 cc (61.0 cu.in.)
- Shaft Length
- 25 in. (648 mm)
- 268 lb. (122 kg)
- Trim Method
- -4 deg. to +16 deg.
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 40 hp @ 5,500 rpm
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5,000-6,000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- Direct Drive / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- Programmed Fuel injection
- Water Cooled
- True 5 Warranty